Friday, January 6, 2012

Thoughts on January 5 Bible reading

Luke 7:30 "But the Pharisees and the experts in the law rejected God's purpose for themselves"...
47 "Therefore, I tell you, her many sins have been forgiven—as her great love has shown. But whoever has been forgiven little loves little."


Every one of us, if we forget how much we ourselves have been forgiven, is capable of becoming like Simon in Luke 7, looking down upon another child of God, because we do not understand or approve of their life or their way of worshiping God.


Jesus openly opposed the spiritual leaders who looked upon "sinners" without love and compassion. As the spiritual leaders in our generation, Rev. 1:6 "and has made us kings and priests to His God and Father", it is our duty to show God's love, compassion, forgiveness, mercy, and grace to those in need of His touch. Judgement is not our role, Luke 6:37 "Judge not, and you shall not be judged. Condemn not, and you shall not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven." 


The woman in Luke 7, weeping at Jesus' feet, was worshiping Him for the forgiveness she received and the change it made in her life. What humble gratitude! She was not named, but her act is still remembered today. If someone behaved like that in church, what would I think? How would I respond? Would I join her in humble adoration of the One who took the burden of my sins and gave me righteousness, glorious riches, and made me His royal daughter (princess)? Would I rejoice with the angels at one repentant heart? Luke 15:10 "In the same way, I tell you, the angels of God rejoice over one sinner who repents."

No comments:

Post a Comment