Thursday, August 12, 2010

Ministry from Every Place in Life

Every place you are in life - is exactly where you should be right now. This is your place to minister the love of Christ, to shine as light in the darkness, and to season the world around you.

Every place does not necessarily feel like a good place to be. You may have made a poor decision that got you into a hard place. Perhaps you even fell victim to a circumstance beyond your control, like an illness or loss of job. None of these means necessarily that you are outside of God's favor and blessing over your life. God can use and bless you anywhere you are!

Joseph was blessed by God in the prison, and forgotten by the very ones whom he helped using God's gift on his life.

Gen. 40:
14 But when all goes well with you, remember me and show me kindness; mention me to Pharaoh and get me out of this prison.
15 For I was forcibly carried off from the land of the Hebrews, and even here I have done nothing to deserve being put in a dungeon."

The very place he was in - as unjust as it was - turned out to be the best place of all, because he saved an entire nation from starvation ... and ultimately, the very dreams that put him in harm's way became true.

Psalm 31:
8 You have not handed me over to the enemy but have set my feet in a spacious place.
19 How great is your goodness, which you have stored up for those who fear you, which you bestow in the sight of men on those who take refuge in you.
20 In the shelter of your presence you hide them from the intrigues of men; in your dwelling you keep them safe from accusing tongues.
21 Praise be to the LORD, for he showed his wonderful love to me when I was in a besieged city.
22 In my alarm I said, "I am cut off from your sight!" Yet you heard my cry for mercy when I called to you for help.


No comments:

Post a Comment